The Wellness Walk & Research Run 2019 Terms and Conditions – Sunday 6th October 2019
- “Event” means “The Wellness Walk & Research Run”, which is a 5-10 kilometre walk and run organised by Austin Health to be conducted on 6th October 2019 on a specified course around the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria on The Tan Track. “You” and “your” means the person named on the Event registration, who is participating in this event.
- By completing your registration and ticking the box to accept the terms and conditions of the Event, You agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. You warrant that any other participant on whose behalf You are submitting this registration also agrees to comply with these terms and conditions with any reference to ‘You’ or ‘your’ throughout the document being a reference to them. You acknowledge and agree that, if You are registering on behalf of a child or children, you are their parent or guardian, or otherwise have authority from the child or children’s parent or guardian to do so on their behalf. You warrant that they also agree to comply with these terms and conditions as if a reference to ‘You’ or ‘your’ was a reference to them. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is required in order to participate in this Event.
- You agree that you are adequately prepared both physically and medically, to participate in the Event. You agree that You are not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause You or any other person injury or death while participating in the Event. If You are unsure about your physical or medical suitability for participating in this Event, You should seek advice from your doctor prior to participating.
- If You suffer any injury, accident or illness while participating in the Event and cannot consent to reasonable medical treatment at the time, You consent to receiving such medical treatment which the Event medical and paramedical personnel consider reasonably necessary in the circumstances.
- You agree to abide by the Event rules and conditions (Event Rules) about which You are notified. You agree that the Event organisers may vary the Event Rules without prior notice.
You agree that if You are registering on behalf of any child or children, You will supervise the child or children at all times during the Event.
- You agree to comply with all reasonable directions of the Event organisers and their representatives, including course marshals and organisers. The Event organisers and their representatives will be carrying identification which should be visible at all times and if not visible, will be produced on request.
- All fees must be paid prior to the Event and the entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- You consent to your name, and any video footage, or photographs taken during the Event being used to publicise the Event by Austin Health, including the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to marketing material, television broadcasts, social media, advertising, publications, and other documents or mediums that may be made available to the public. Photographs of children will not be used in this manner without the express written consent of their parent or guardian; unless the images are incidental, for example, children’s images at the starting line or in the crowd. By registering on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years old, You are confirming that you have consent from that person’s parent or guardian in order for their images to be used by Austin Health, including Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in this way without payment or compensation.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to participate.
- Privacy statement - Austin Health will collect personal details contained on the entry form for the purpose of administration of the Event and these details may also be used for future marketing and promotional purposes (including electronic messages) by Austin Health. Personal details will not be disclosed by Austin Health to a third party except third parties who provide assistance with administration of the Event for the purpose of the Event and for marketing and promotional purposes (including but not limited to electronic messages). Austin Health may also disclose Your personal information to other similar charities to enable them to send you information about their goods, services and programs (for example, the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute). Austin Health understands the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and complies with the relevant legislation to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information collected. Austin Health will retain the information on this form for the purpose of notifying You of future fundraising events, as well as information about Austin Health and Olivia Newton- John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre.
- Event Modification or Cancellation You acknowledge that Austin Health reserves the right to reduce or alter the Event route or activities to accommodate any unexpected complications on the day, including adverse weather conditions.
If conditions arise that may significantly compromise the Event, such as adverse weather conditions, or other emergencies, the Event organisers may need to cancel the Event. You will be provided with notice at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled start of the Event, or otherwise as much notice as is reasonably possible in the circumstances via the homepage of www.onjcancercentre.org. If cancellation is necessary, the Event will not be rescheduled and refunds will not be given.
Liability and Indemnity. You acknowledge that participation in the Event carries certain risks, including risks associated with walking on the allocated course, adverse weather conditions, other participants’ behaviour. These risks could result in personal injury or death or damage to your property. You agree that:
- You accept and assume the inherent risks of participating in the Event
- Austin Health is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury that You may sustain while participating in the Event or otherwise associated with the Event.
- You indemnify, and keep indemnified, Austin Health in relation to any claim that could be made by You or any third party arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event.